What do you know about your hair?
Hair is often seen as a reflection of our identity because it has both personal and public. Hair is viewed as a symbol of strength and holiness. Hair is nothing but dead cells which are pilled up to form filamentous like structure
Do you know why your hair is most important part of your look?
Here are the reasons :
- IT ENHANCES YOUR BEAUTY
Its not that your hair style makes you beautiful, but it definitely increases your natural beauty
- IT REFLECTS YOUR IDENTITY It makes you look professional or a bum
- A BAD HAIRSTYLE REFLECTS BADLY ON THE PERSON Even though you dress up to impress, but if your hairstyle does not match to it all your efforts are ruined
- IT WILL GIVE YOU CONFIDENCE A good hairstyle always gives you confidence complements even in simple dress
- YOU WILL FEEL SMART AND MORE CAPABLE A good hairstyle makes you look glamorous
Types of hair
Hair type 1: STRAIGHT HAIR
It reflects the most sheen. It’s very hard to damage and difficult to curl because the sebum spreads from scalp to ends
Hair type 2: WAVY HAIR
Its texture lies between straight and curly hair and is likely to become fizzy Fine wavy hair can be styled easily, however medium and coarse hair can be hard to style
Hair type 3: CURLY HAIR
This is known to have an S-shaped or Z-shaped pattern. This hair is more prone to damage
Hair type 4: KINKY HAIR
Kinky hair features a tightly coiled curl pattern and is often very fragile with high density
Anatomy of hair
Hair is nothing but dead cells which are piled up to form filamentous like structure, infact hair is not so pretty when you look though microscope
Hair is protein filament that grows form follicles found in the dermis. Hair is one of the defining characteristics of mammals. Hair is seen everywhere in the body except palm and sole. The hair shaft of mammals is divided into 3 main components .
1 cuticle : It is the outer covering. It is chemically resistant region and consists of flap overlapping scales (keratinocytes). Shape and orientation of cuticle cells are responsible for differential friction effect in hair. Each cuticle cell contain thin proteinaceous membrane, epicuticle, covered with lipid layer that includes 18-methyl eicosanoic acid (18MEA)and free lipid. 18(MEA) is responsible for hydrophobicity of hair and its removal by alkaline chemical cosmetics may damage hair by increasing hydrophilia.
2 cortex : It is the middle layer of the hair, is the primary source of mechanical strength and water uptake. Cortex constitutes the major part of the mass of the human hair and is formed by elongated, fusiform cells connected by a cell membrane complex and contains protein and melanin granules, which colours the fiber based on the number, distribution and types of melanin granules. Cortex cell also contains spindle shaped fibrous structures called macrofibrils that are highly organized fibrilar units and matrix. Matrix is formed by crystalline protein of high cysteine content. The macrofibrils are arranged in spiral formation.
3 medulla : It is the inner most region, is not always present and is an open, unstructured region. Medulla may involved in splitting of hairs, it makes area of weakness as a pathway for propogation of cracks along axis of fiber.
Why hair care is important??
Hair care is of utmost importance. You might not not be the one styling your hair on a daily basis, but having a head full of hairs is still better than losing it. No matter how beautiful you are, you cannot ignor your hair. Proper hair care involves simple steps like:
- brushing and combing
- shampooing and drying
- hair conditioning
- treating baldness
- removing dandruff
- hair dyes
- split ends
Reasons why hair care is important
- HAIR GROWTH Lack of essential vitamins, environmental factors, mineral deficiencies and over-styling can hinder the anticipated hair growth. These factors can affect your hair. Your hair depends on several proteins to make it stronger and to help it resist all these factors that eventually work against it.
- ABSENCE OF DANDRUFF PROBLEMS A damp and well- maintained scalp also protects your hair from humiliating dandruff or hair loss.
- ABSENCE OF SCALP PROBLEMS Majority of people fails to understands that a healthy hair, in turn, leads to healthy scalp. Washing your hair as required, moisturizing , or even wearing a hat to protect it from sun rays , your scalp will be safe. Furthermore, this will eliminate dryness of your scalp and UV radiation burns.
- HEALTHY HAIR Healthy hair remains a pointer of a healthy body. When your hair become fragile, dry and easily breaks off, this means that you might be lacking some nutrients and vitamins in your body.
- INCREASED CONFIDENCE In general, people often compliments a gorgeous hair, and this can revitalize up your confidence. Sometimes when you are in bad mood , appreciation on the way you look by someone else, can lighten up your mood.
Patients want their hair to be resistance to breakage with no split ends. A strong hair with its full capacity of growing healthy in both diameter and length and intact cuticle and cortex.
Split ends are more likely to occur in weathered and oxidized hair. But split ends happens when the cuticle is removed and cortex-cortex cell membrane complex(CMC) serves as route for the propagation of axial splits in the fibers.
Chemical damage by bleacing, dyes, straightens and even sunlight can weaken hair leading to breakage, split ends forms more readily from the friction in combination with torsional deformation.