Constipation is a problem where a person is not able to pass his or her stool easily.
Constipation can happen to everybody and anybody in today’s lifestyle. When a person passes hard stool due to constipation, that can cause bleeding in the stool leading to anal fissure or the anal fistula. Constipation can be easily treated with a few home remedies. Neglecting constipation can end up with severe intestinal problems, like an increase in toxins in the blood, unhealthy liver, and an unhealthy digestive system.
Following are five best home remedies for constipation that works quickly effectively and harmlessly.
1. Sipping a glass of hot water to relieve constipation
- drinking hot water is a boon to the intestine
- hot water acts like a flush that increases intestinal motility and prevents formation of hard stools
- drink one glass of hot water with sip by sip 1 hour after dinner every night
- drink one more glass of hot water sip by sip first thing in the morning before going to the washroom
- this is a very effective home remedy
- remember not to drink the water immediately after food
2. Radish, green beans and banana intake.
- Radish is rich in fibres
- when radish is eaten raw in the form of salad which dinner is effective to treat constipation
- green beans are a high fibre containing vegetable
- intake of 10 to 15 green beans with dinner is healthy and helpful
- it is always advised to eat vegetables RAW as the fibre containing remains intact
- on boiling the vegetables few minerals vitamins and fibre gets lost in the heat
- Banana has been proved to be a very good laxative
- laxatives are the substance which helps in passage of hard stools.
having two banana after dinner every night helps a lot
3. Coffee for increasing intestinal motility
- 1 glass of everyday helps in relieving constipation
- caffeine present in the coffee increases the intestinal bowel movements
- this helps in the clearing of the intestine and prevents
- too much of coffee intake can cause gastric irritation
- this may lead to diarrhoea
- always test yourself by having one cup of coffee every day and how it works for your intestine.
4. Use of Baking soda and lemon juice.
- baking soda is also known as Sodium Bicarbonate
- baking soda reacts with the gastric acid it forms salt and water
- this helps in treating mild acidity and increases the intestinal movement
- lemon is rich in vitamin C and citric acid
- this helps in treating stomach problems and provides relief from constipation How to prepare the recipe
- take a glass of warm drinking water
- add one teaspoon of baking soda
- add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- mix it well and drink 15 minutes after dinner
- drinking this solution in indigestion or after having heavy food would be very helpful
5. Triphala powder or Triphala tablets
- Triphala is an excellent Ayurvedic mixture of three important Herbs that help in constipation
- It is also rich in Amla a natural source of vitamin C that is good for immunity of one’s body
- Triphala tablets can be taken With warm water every night after dinner to relieve constipation and also other gastric problems
- Take One teaspoon of Triphala powder with warm water half an hour after dinner at night
- remember not to eat anything or drink anything after the intake of Triphala
- Triphala works overnight relieving constipation permanently
These are few easy home remedies for constipation. If constipation persists for more than 2 months it is always better to consult a doctor. Do not strain much while passing stool because it can end up in hemorrhoids or a hernia